UNIONTOWN AREA YMCA REFUND POLICY
Uniontown Area YMCA Membership Policies & Agreement
- I authorize the Uniontown Area YMCA to draft my billing method credit card, debit card, or checking account monthly that I have provided on this date.
- I understand that monthly dues will be electronically drafted each month.
- Should a change of billing information be necessary, I accept responsibility to update information in a timely manner.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member’s credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that payment plus a $25 service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee the member’s credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The Uniontown Area YMCA does not refund any membership fees due to non-usage of facilities or programs.
- A thirty (30) day termination notification is required for cancellation. Notice must be submitted in writing via a Cancellation Form available from a YMCA Director through the Welcome Center or by e-mail to the Finance/Membership Director.
- Membership cards must be scanned at the Welcome Center to gain access to the facility.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Uniontown Area YMCA and must be surrendered upon demand.
- Guests are welcome at the YMCA, space permitting, by making a request with a Director for a pass. Guests must be accompanied by a member and have a picture ID.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 12 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workout using cardiovascular equipment or free-weights is not permitted prior to age 14 years with completion of a fitness equipment orientation. Children 12 and up who will be entering the facility must have a picture saved in their record.
- A joining fee is required to rejoin the Uniontown Area YMCA following more than 60 days of inactivity.
- The Uniontown Area YMCA is founded on Christian principles – respect, responsibility, honesty, caring – and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct. Behaviors by members or patrons deemed threatening or harmful to the wellbeing of the public while at YMCA functions will initiate a staff review process which may result in the termination of membership or services. The carrying or concealing any weapons devices or objects which may be used as a weapon in the Uniontown Area YMCA facilities or program sites is forbidden. One may not enter any Uniontown Area YMCA property with a handgun that is carried openly.
- I understand the Uniontown Area YMCA is not responsible for personal or vehicular property loss, damaged, or stolen while members and/or program participants are using YMCA facilities, on YMCA premises, or involved in YMCA programs.
- The Uniontown Area YMCA campus is tobacco, drug and alcohol free. This also includes paraphernalia such as e-cigarettes.
- The YMCA reserves the right to review any membership application and deny membership to any member at the discretion of Y Management.
- I further understand that YMCA management has the authority to amend policies and procedures at any time to ensure the delivery of the highest possible services to the general membership.
- The Uniontown Area YMCA may, at our discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to the member’s membership category. The member will receive a four-week notice prior to any such change.
- I authorize the use of any photographic or video image of the member(s), named herein, during any program or activity, for use in any YMCA publication or outreach.
- The member acknowledges that it is the policy of the Uniontown Area YMCA to deny membership, program participation or visits to any individual convicted of a crime for which registration as a sex offender is required and that the Uniontown Area YMCA will regularly monitor its database for criminal history.
- Cell phone/Video taping: Due to the advances in video equipment and telephone video technology, and for the safety and security of our members and guests, any and all video equipment may not be used in locker rooms, dressing areas, shower areas, restrooms, lobby, common areas and other areas generally deemed to be private within the YMCA facilities. Members and participants must refrain from capturing videos that include other members in the background for use on personal social media. The Uniontown Area YMCA requests that cell phone usage be reserved for designated cell phone areas only.
- I understand that YMCA activities have inherent risks and in consideration for membership at the YMCA and participation in YMCA programs I hereby assume all risks and hazards incident to my participation in all YMCA activities, due to the negligence of the YMCA or otherwise while in, about, or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA, including volunteer service. I further waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the YMCA, the organizers, volunteers, supervisors, officers, directors, participants, coaches, referees, as well as persons or parents transporting participants to and from activities from any claims or injury sustained during my use of the YMCA property or participation in programs. I expressly assume all dangers, risks, and hazards to me and all minors in my care.
- Coronavirus, COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. Federal and state authorities recommend social distancing as a means to prevent the spread of the virus. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death. Participating in programs or accessing facilities could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. The Uniontown Area YMCA in no way warrants that COVID-19 or other communicable disease infections will not occur through participation in programs or use of YMCA facilities.